This very simple mounting is from the Retro era. Originally designed for a mans hand, this is a heavy piece that will make a fantastic cocktail ring for the right lady!
The stone at the center of this antique ring is an outstanding blue Star Sapphire from Sri Lanka, the source of the finest Sapphire material in the world.
Corundum, or sapphire, is found in nature in every shade of the rainbow, from the deepest blues to brightest yellows. The finest stones have the fewest inclusions, the deepest color ... or, even more rare, they are included in such a way that light if refracted from them in the rays of a star!
This is a natural Star Sapphire. Photographed under several lights, the pictures still do not do justice to the wonderful star phenomenon!
This stone was purchased while on a buying trip in Sri Lanka, which is where it was mined.
Material: 14K Yellow Gold
Center Stone: Large Blue Star Sapphire Cabochon, 13.0 x 10.0 mm, 12.13 carat
Time Period: Vintage ring with New Stone
Size of Ring: 9 , but can be sized to fit almost any finger (please see our sizing policies for more information).
- We offer sizing on most of our rings.
- If the ring is an eternity band, has a continuous pattern, or if the ring has to change more than 3 sizes, please contact us so we can be sure it’s possible.
- Upon checkout, please make note of the size you need your ring order to be.
- Sizing typically takes an additional 2-5 business days before the item is shipped.
- Any rings over $1,000, we size for free. If the ring is under $1,000, please contact us and we’re happy to quote you for the sizing, or we can invoice you after the purchase. Sizing a ring down in size is typically $15.00 for items purchased through us. Sizing up is $15.00 plus the cost of any additional materials.
Returns & Exchanges
- If you receive an item and decide it’s not what you had in mind, you can return it for a full refund within 10 days. The 10 day refund period begins the day you sign for the package.
- We also offer a 30 day store credit/exchange policy for any item in the store.
- Items purchased through our payment or layaway plans are eligible for store credit/exchange returns only. Refunds will not be given for items purchased through layaway.
- Most items will be shipped using USPS Express or Priority mail, with tracking, signature and insurance.
- Fedex is available upon request and for an additional fee.
- Shipments within the US should arrive within 1-3 business days.
- International shipments should arrive within 5-14 days.
- Please allow us a 3-5 business day processing time after you complete your order.