One of the rarest gems in existence, demantoid garnet forms primarily in smaller crystals. First discovered in the Ural Mountains of Russia in the 1860's, demantoid garnet is a variety of garnet that is shaded green in color by trace elements present during the formation of the stone, and has been found in a few other locations since the original discovery in Russia of this rare gem. Until the mid-1990's, demantoid was commonly perceived as a uniquely Russian gemstone, as no other locales produced gem quality demantoid of any commercial importance until Namibia entered the market as a commercially important source.
The immense size of this demantoid, which weighs over five carats, is nearly unheard of in this quality - it is extraordinarily rare. This is one of the largest and finest specimens of demantoid garnet we've had in our collection, as well as being one of the rarest gems we've been privileged to work with.
This gemstone was sourced in Namibia, and the original crystal came from the famed Green Dragon mine. To protect and display this rare gem, we've chosen a platinum mounting of the highest quality and most classic of design. Diamonds with exceptionally fine color and clarity pave the shoulders of this stone, gleaming with bright light, yet set flush to the metal to make a pleasing profile on the finger.
Gem: Natural, GIA Certified Demantoid Garnet, 5.34 Carats
Gem Measurements: 10.6 x 9.1 mm, Rectangle Cushion Cut
Accents: 30 Diamonds totaling 1.10 Carats, F in Color, VS in Clarity
Ring Size: 6.50
Marks: "PLATBB" Stamped on the inside band
GIA Report Number: 2193378780
- We offer sizing on most of our rings.
- If the ring is an eternity band, has a continuous pattern, or if the ring has to change more than 3 sizes, please contact us so we can be sure it’s possible.
- Upon checkout, please make note of the size you need your ring order to be.
- Sizing typically takes 5-7 days before the item is shipped.
- Any rings over $1,000, we size for free. If the ring is under $1,000, please contact us and we’re happy to quote you for the sizing, or we can invoice you after the purchase. Sizing a ring down in size is typically $18.00 for items purchased through us. Sizing up is $18.00 plus the cost of any additional materials.
Returns & Exchanges
- If you receive an item and decide it’s not what you had in mind, you can return it for a full refund within 10 days. The 10 day refund period begins the day you sign for the package.
- We also offer a 30 day store credit/exchange policy for any item in the store.
- Items purchased through our payment or layaway plans are eligible for store credit/exchange returns only. Refunds will not be given for items purchased through layaway.
- Most items will be shipped using USPS Express or Priority mail, with tracking, signature and insurance.
- Fedex is available upon request and for an additional fee.
- Please allow us a 3-7 business day processing time after you complete your order.
- Custom orders, including semi-mounts, take 2-3 weeks production time before shipment.
- After shipment, packages within the US should arrive within 1-3 business days.
- International shipments should arrive within 7-14 days.
- Please contact us directly if you require an order within a specific deadline and we will do our best to accomodate you.