Here we have a classic, Retro Era diamond engagement ring crafted of luxurious, polished platinum. The center diamond is protected by triple point, 'picture corner' prongs, a decorative and extremely wearable style. Steps of diamonds continue the sparkle down the shoulders, with a perfect proportion and balance.
The center diamond is simply beautiful! Filled with glitter, the size provides an elegant, but not ostentatious statement. Excellent color and clarity provide value, while the precise cutting and polish bring bring into play luxurious gleams of full spectrum light. This lovely stone is an old, European cut diamond.
European Cut diamonds bridge the gap between the more amateurish cuts of the early Victorian Era, such as the Rose Cuts and Old Mine Cuts, and brings the art of gem cutting into the modern, post industrialized age,
Diamonds began to be cut in the European fashion in the late 1800 s, at the very end of the Victorian period, through the Edwardian era and well into the Art Nouveau surge of the early 1900 s. Unlike the more sketched in lines of the Old Mine cut stones, these Euro cuts follow a stricter template. While the culet remains open at the base of the diamond, it is shaped in a more distinct circle, with an even circumference all the way around. As the precursor to what would become the modern brilliant cut diamonds, Euro cuts feature more facets than the older cutting styles. A high crown creates a glowing shine of pure light within these antique diamonds, as opposed to the glittering effect of micro-faceted, modern cut diamonds.
Absolutely classic, this vintage ring is the very definition of Retro Era bridal pieces, and will be a sophisticated, timeless piece to wear for decades to come.
Gem: European Cut Diamond 1.16 Carats, I in Color, SI1 in Clarity
Gem Measurements: 6.6 mm, Round
Accents: 2 Diamonds totaling .22 Carat
Ring Size: 8
Marks: "PLAT" Stamped on the inside band
- We offer sizing on most of our rings.
- If the ring is an eternity band, has a continuous pattern, or if the ring has to change more than 3 sizes, please contact us so we can be sure it’s possible.
- Upon checkout, please make note of the size you need your ring order to be.
- Sizing typically takes an additional 2-5 business days before the item is shipped.
- Any rings over $1,000, we size for free. If the ring is under $1,000, please contact us and we’re happy to quote you for the sizing, or we can invoice you after the purchase. Sizing a ring down in size is typically $15.00 for items purchased through us. Sizing up is $15.00 plus the cost of any additional materials.
Returns & Exchanges
- If you receive an item and decide it’s not what you had in mind, you can return it for a full refund within 10 days. The 10 day refund period begins the day you sign for the package.
- We also offer a 30 day store credit/exchange policy for any item in the store.
- Items purchased through our payment or layaway plans are eligible for store credit/exchange returns only. Refunds will not be given for items purchased through layaway.
- Most items will be shipped using USPS Express or Priority mail, with tracking, signature and insurance.
- Fedex is available upon request and for an additional fee.
- Shipments within the US should arrive within 1-3 business days.
- International shipments should arrive within 5-14 days.
- Please allow us a 3-5 business day processing time after you complete your order.