Absolutely lovely, this antique ring is easy to wear, comfortable on the finger and set low to the hand. We've set this antique mounting with a new stone, a light purple spinel with hints of pink deep in the stone. This, combined with the warm yellow of the metal, creates a spring like, cheerful piece that is easy to wear every day!
Spinel has a long history as a precious gem. Until modern science developed the ability to truly discern the composition of gems, spinel was considered to be red ruby, and blue spinel sapphire. A logical assumption, as the two minerals are found in the same locations and colored by the same trace elements! In fact, Spinel has a much higher refraction rate than sapphire, meaning that it throws more light from the inside of the stone. The color can range from pale pink to deep purple and touch every point of the rainbow in between.
An interesting side note? Gems found in the crown jewels of England and several other countries, long thought to be fine rubies, are actually spinel!
Like most of our precious gems, we purchased this stone on location, during one of our many buying trips.
Metal: 14k Yellow Gold
Stones: Spinel, light purple, 3.66 carat
Time Period: 1900's ring with new stone
Size of Ring: 7
- We offer sizing on most of our rings.
- If the ring is an eternity band, has a continuous pattern, or if the ring has to change more than 3 sizes, please contact us so we can be sure it’s possible.
- Upon checkout, please make note of the size you need your ring order to be.
- Sizing typically takes an additional 2-5 business days before the item is shipped.
- Any rings over $1,000, we size for free. If the ring is under $1,000, please contact us and we’re happy to quote you for the sizing, or we can invoice you after the purchase. Sizing a ring down in size is typically $15.00 for items purchased through us. Sizing up is $15.00 plus the cost of any additional materials.
Returns & Exchanges
- If you receive an item and decide it’s not what you had in mind, you can return it for a full refund within 10 days. The 10 day refund period begins the day you sign for the package.
- We also offer a 30 day store credit/exchange policy for any item in the store.
- Items purchased through our payment or layaway plans are eligible for store credit/exchange returns only. Refunds will not be given for items purchased through layaway.
- Most items will be shipped using USPS Express or Priority mail, with tracking, signature and insurance.
- Fedex is available upon request and for an additional fee.
- Shipments within the US should arrive within 1-3 business days.
- International shipments should arrive within 5-14 days.
- Please allow us a 3-5 business day processing time after you complete your order.