Classic Victorian, this type of mounting is called a Belcher setting, after the original designer. Originally designed for a mans hand, the Belcher mounting underwent many variations over the years, including new, softer designs meant for women, and incorporation of elements of the Art Deco era. This particular ring certainly has Deco style, as well as being crafted of 18k gold that has a slight green cast to it, another hallmark of the era.
Instead of setting this ring with a single, loose diamond, a faceted disc of white gold has been mounted on the prongs, and this in turn is set with a beautiful diamond. The undercarriage gives the stone both a little more emphasis and a little more security, making this an easy, comfortable ring to wear.
Metal: 18k Gold with Green Tint, Yellow Gold
Diamond: .43 carat, VVS Clarity, G Color, 4.8mm Round Cut
Side Stones: none
Time Period: Early 1900s
Size of Ring: 6 1/4 but can be sized to fit almost any finger (please see our sizing policies for more information).
- We offer sizing on most of our rings.
- If the ring is an eternity band, has a continuous pattern, or if the ring has to change more than 3 sizes, please contact us so we can be sure it’s possible.
- Upon checkout, please make note of the size you need your ring order to be.
- Sizing typically takes an additional 2-5 business days before the item is shipped.
- Any rings over $1,000, we size for free. If the ring is under $1,000, please contact us and we’re happy to quote you for the sizing, or we can invoice you after the purchase. Sizing a ring down in size is typically $15.00 for items purchased through us. Sizing up is $15.00 plus the cost of any additional materials.
Returns & Exchanges
- If you receive an item and decide it’s not what you had in mind, you can return it for a full refund within 10 days. The 10 day refund period begins the day you sign for the package.
- We also offer a 30 day store credit/exchange policy for any item in the store.
- Items purchased through our payment or layaway plans are eligible for store credit/exchange returns only. Refunds will not be given for items purchased through layaway.
- Most items will be shipped using USPS Express or Priority mail, with tracking, signature and insurance.
- Fedex is available upon request and for an additional fee.
- Shipments within the US should arrive within 1-3 business days.
- International shipments should arrive within 5-14 days.
- Please allow us a 3-5 business day processing time after you complete your order.