For over 30 years, our specialty at Market Square Jewelers has been sourcing the finest of gemstones in gem markets and at gemstone mines around the world. Once acquired, we set these sapphires and emeralds, these garnets and spinel, into the most beautiful antique and estate jewelry we can find.
Occasionally, we are fortunate enough to acquire a truly unusual and valuable gemstone, and then to have the single, perfect estate mounting to hold this natural treasure.
This is one of those rings.
We started with the gemstone: A sapphire of incredible quality, in shades of cobalt blue and indigo purple. This sapphire was mined in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, the source of many of the finest sapphires in the world. It was cut in Sri Lanka, as well, faceted perfectly to bring out the fire and outstanding depth of color deep inside the gem.
Weighing over three carats and with exceptional clarity, this sapphire would require a mounting of equal quality. Something bold, something antique would be best, but it had to be the perfect size to hold this incredible gemstone securely.
It took a few years, but that mounting finally arrived! We're proud to be able to offer this gorgeous sapphire mounted into an Edwardian era engagement ring that is utter perfection!
Crafted of Platinum, the mounting is decorative without being overly ornate, feminine without frills. Classical chasing traces the entirety of the band, fusing into shoulders with pierced motifs, ending in square placards that glitter with diamonds. Subtle, sophisticated and strong, this is truly the perfect mounting for this sapphire!
To learn more about this Ceylon Sapphire and Edwardian Era platinum engagement ring, please contact Alex directly via email or phone.
Gem: Sapphire 3.26 Carats
Gem Measurements: 8.7 mm, Round
Accents: 2 Diamonds totaling .06 Carat
Ring Size: 5
Marks: "PLAT" Stamped on the inside band
- We offer sizing on most of our rings.
- If the ring is an eternity band, has a continuous pattern, or if the ring has to change more than 3 sizes, please contact us so we can be sure it’s possible.
- Upon checkout, please make note of the size you need your ring order to be.
- Sizing typically takes 5-7 days before the item is shipped.
- Any rings over $1,000, we size for free. If the ring is under $1,000, please contact us and we’re happy to quote you for the sizing, or we can invoice you after the purchase. Sizing a ring down in size is typically $18.00 for items purchased through us. Sizing up is $18.00 plus the cost of any additional materials.
Returns & Exchanges
- If you receive an item and decide it’s not what you had in mind, you can return it for a full refund within 10 days. The 10 day refund period begins the day you sign for the package.
- We also offer a 30 day store credit/exchange policy for any item in the store.
- Items purchased through our payment or layaway plans are eligible for store credit/exchange returns only. Refunds will not be given for items purchased through layaway.
- Most items will be shipped using USPS Express or Priority mail, with tracking, signature and insurance.
- Fedex is available upon request and for an additional fee.
- Please allow us a 3-7 business day processing time after you complete your order.
- Custom orders, including semi-mounts, take 2-3 weeks production time before shipment.
- After shipment, packages within the US should arrive within 1-3 business days.
- International shipments should arrive within 7-14 days.
- Please contact us directly if you require an order within a specific deadline and we will do our best to accomodate you.